Day 2..CHECK!!
1:45 PMDay 2.....This second dare goes hand-in-hand with Day 1.....Show kindness. People only want to be around someone who is kind, someone who makes them feel comfortable in their own skin, and someone who doesn't pass judgment upon them. Our second dare was to do an unexpected gesture of kindness toward one another.
After reading this dare over a few times and contemplating what I was going to BUY my man, it came to me....a kind gesture isn't something to be bought. It isnt something physical to cherish for years to come. Its simply thinking of the other person before yourself and showing the other how much you love them without them asking.
My Mr. has stated in the past how much he loves salmon - this is something NEVER cooked in my home because, well, I'm normally the cook and if you know me AT ALL, you know I am not a fan of fish- but as my gesture, I ran to the grocery store, bought FRESH salmon, grab some much needed ingredients and planned a special dinner for my special guy!
Now I had every intention of baking chicken for myself -since I hate fish- but after going to the gym and having my BUTT KICKED by my
To my surprise it was wonderful. I think mostly because I masked most of the "fishy" taste with marinade but nevertheless and much to my own surprise -Greg was equally please with me- I enjoyed it. And the best part was I didn't feel like a complete fatty after such a grand dinner.
Now let me not forget to mention that I had the most handsome and oh-so-loving helper during the preparation of this meal. He even, ever so graciously, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher!!!! What a prince!! Plus I came home to the most lovely card -just because- that made going to the gym that much harder!!! All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and "nuggle" -our word for snuggling- with my hubby.
Courtesy of Casey Jay Benson Photography.....Found here!
Moral of this dare....Love is the mere act of kindness. Show the ones you love that you, in fact, love and appreciate them. EVERYDAY!!!
Now on to Day 3 of our "Love Dare" Challenge....
Love is not Selfish...
Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, " I was thinking of YOU today."
Time to put my loving thinking cap on!
Happy hump day to you all!!



0 comments