Project Baby ShOwEr GIFT!!
4:00 PMLet me start out by saying that I am in NO way an artist! But I like to be creative and if there is something I love but is too expensive or cannot be found for purchase, I tend to try to create it myself! (Sometimes)
So,with this being said, when my friend told me of her upcoming baby shower and that the theme of her precious baby boy's room is going to be Dr. Seuss, I went straight to the world wide web in search for the perfect shower gift!!!
After searching for a few hours moments I came across this photo of an art piece displayed in someone elses baby room, it was perfect! I then went in search of where to find this beauty, only to find that I couldn't! I looked at baby stores, Etsy and even tried googling Dr. Seuss artwork, but nothing took me to this picture I was desperately trying to find! -in my mind, I just knew my friend would love it.
So I got to thinking and looking twice over the photo that I had found and it dawned on me, "I'll just make it!!!" So, that's exactly what I did! -disclaimer: it is not perfect but it is perfectly handmade with love. So for me (and the hubs) that makes this gift EVEN BETTER-
I gathered all my supplies....
Traced all the lines....
And I got to painting!!! -which may I add straight lines are a pain in the BUTT-
Then I simply just wrote out the words with pencil first so I could make sure the letters were the size they needed to be!
And after several weeks of tracing letters with a tiny paintbrush, I finished with this!!
This is a GREAT motto for me because I am, BY FAR, my worst critic!!!
So dear friend, I hope you love this as much as I hoped you would! But if not feel free to hang it in Baby H's closet...hehe!!!
Now off I go to start my other baby shower gift for another dear friend of mine!! BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!...I love it!
So dear friend, I hope you love this as much as I hoped you would! But if not feel free to hang it in Baby H's closet...hehe!!!
Now off I go to start my other baby shower gift for another dear friend of mine!! BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!...I love it!


1 comments
Becca you are so precious! CJ and I absolutely love this and I can not wait to hang it in his room! We are trying to figure out the perfect place to put it! I can not wait to see you in a few weeks, it has been way way way too long!!!
ReplyDelete