Wait, was that a WEEKEND?!?!?

2:06 PM

Because I WORKED my butt off!!!!!

But the GOOD news was that I had three special visitors this weekend PLUS a b-day celebration for a couple of special guys -one just happened to be MY special hubby!!!

So where do I start?!?!?
Lets see.....Friday afternoon I snuck out of work an hour early to make it home just in time for this precious threesome to pull in the drive!!



Shortly after, G came home with an AWESOME surprise!!! 
TWO giant clay pots for our deck, PLUS two flats of flowers
 -yep, he's perfect !!!! 
I was THRILLED!!!

So Tammy and I wasted no time and started planting flowers in those beauties!!!-Tammy actually just supervised and kindly pushed my glasses back on my nose as they fell down. She's as handy as a pocket on a shirt :)-


While the girls were busy planting flowers, the boys played a little WII..

   
and even managed to take a break here and there to get some sunshine!!



After getting flowers in both pots and having some left over, I decided to plant the rest in the flower beds in the front yard. 



 Ok, if you know me you know I can't start a project and leave it unfinished or stop until I LOVE it. So when I started planting and decided I didn't like the existing plants that were in there, I decided I HAD to make a quick run to my FAVORITE store -Home Depot, DUH!!- and pick up some flowers I did LOVE!!!

 (perfect photo op, don't you think?!?!)

The guys were LESS than thrilled so they opted to stay behind!!! 
The boys even got Uncle G to throw around the football a little :)



We FINALLY made it home, planted my flowers and VOILA....PERFECTION!!!


Now you would think all of this would be enough, well, you would be SOOO wrong!!! Since Tammy and I went to Home Depot and may or may not have bought too many flowers, I decided to keep going and plant the rest in the flower bed in the back yard too!!!

(Before)


 (after)


The boys managed to keep themselves occupied while we played in the dirt.


If your wondering how in the heck they saw the football as it was being launched across the yard, it lit up as it swirled through the air!!! SO AWESOME!!! G was pretty impressed :)


In the mist of all of this I was preparing bits and pieces of the b-day celebration for Sunday as well!!!! Needless to say I was ready for this day to end!

Saturday finally came and my dear friends, I was going, going, going the second my feet hit the floor!!
Straightening the house, making breakfast and MORE b-day preparation!! 

G got home and decided to show the deck a little loving and planted some flowers.

 (before)

 (Harley helped Uncle Greg!!! Do I see a future Agronomist?!?!?)


 (After)


Greg did a FANTASTIC job!!!! 
I am absolutely in LOVE with the deck, so much in fact, that I may bypass the railing all together!!!!
What do you think????

After G finished the planting around the deck, Tammy and I took the boys and we headed to the grocery store to grab some last minute items for G's cupcakes :) I would have to say that this particular trip to WallyWorld would have to be, hands down, the most interesting one I have experienced in my life!!! 

1. HARLEY found a $100...then proceeded to yell it across the store!!! 
2. We let a lady cut in front of us in the check-out line and before she left she handed HARLEY $1!! -must of been his lucky day-


3. As we were checking out it began to POUR down rain!!! Tam didn't want to mess her pretty hair up -she would have been a frizz ball- so I offered to run get the car and pick them all up at the door. 
BIG, HUGE mistake.
I had forgotten how damn far from the door I actually was and it was raining much worse than I had originally expected. And if that wasn't enough the entire parking lot was flooded -I was wearing flip flops- so I walked in about 2" of water the whole dang way to the car!!!! I was SOAKED!!!!


But thank goodness TAMMY was dry


And because I have the BEST nephew on the planet...He gave me his shirt to dry off with!!


But NOT WITHOUT laughing at me....TuRD!!!!!!


 
We finally made it home, had lunch and went outside to see what Greg had been up to. The next thing I knew, I was clipping our BUSH!!!! Tammy was so sweet and swept out all of the leaves!!!


I brilliantly thought since I was at it, I might as well dig up our rose bushes that I have hated since we moved in!!!

Ummm...TERRIBLE idea!!!! But I got it done and my WONDERFUL sister-in-law even got her hands dirty and helped be clean up the yard afterwards!!!!


WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME PEOPLE!!!!!!
But in the end, we got it ALL done. And just in the nick of time for Sunday's festivities!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe