my BIG, fat IRISH ....

5:14 PM

FAMILY WEEKEND!!!!

This past weekend -yeah, yeah, I know I'm a little late. But girlfriend here has been a little busy.- G and I had a total of 14 of my lovely family members come stay the weekend with us!
They all traveled from near and FAR to share in the loveliness of family fun time and all that that entails!!!

We also had the pleasure of meeting the newest addition to the family! 
-aka....future sister-in-law and her two little bitties ;) shout out to JEANA!!!-

So Friday the oldest brother of mine arrived in town fairly early and they wasted NO time diving in the outdoor activities!!









It has been YEARS -like diaper days- since my siblings and I had seen our Mommy's cousins Linda and Jame. 
So we were all very excited to find out that they would be joining us in our weekend family visit!




(Korrell and Little Bit)

Oh yea, we definitely got a MEAN game of volleyball going too!!!! 
I am by NO MEANS the sporty type, but I sure gave it a whirl!! And had a blast doing it!!! Even have a battle wound to prove it!







After sweating it up outside, I managed to make my way in the kitchen and whipped together some yummy enchiladas. 
The rest of the crew finally arrived shortly after and we did a little visiting, then everyone was off to bed!

Saturday rolled around, we indulged in some fresh donuts -compliments to mommy- then headed back out so my team could reclaim their dignity! -epic fail, by the way :(

(team Tim had NO organization WHAT SO EVER)

(team Fred was like a well oiled machine!!!! :)

 (notice the BROTHER rivalry here!!!)





After dying of dehydration and giving the fact we were outside at the hottest part of the day, we collectively decided to head out for some lunch!!

 Lorraine being Lorraine!!

 Please bask in the GLORY of my NASTINESS!!! 



After lunch we stocked up on ADULT beverages and headed to the casa!


Nope, your eyes are NOT deceiving you!! There really are FOUR adults in that there kiddie pool!!!
AND we even played Go Fish with waterproof cards!!!! 
BE JEALOUS PEOPLE!!


We snapped some LONG overdue cousin photos!





Greg showed off some MAD golf skills!!!



Then we gathered around and played a fun game of "Things"



(sorry people, NO time for make-up that day)

We FINALLY gave into our heavy eyelids and hit the hay! 
Only to rise early Sunday morning and prepare ourselves for our FAMILY PHOTOS!!!
-the guys were LESS than thrilled by this-

 The WHOLE gang - minus POPS and GAGE :( missed you guys!

 Nana and her Grand-babies

 Mommy and ALL her BABIES

 the brothers and sisters

 Mom with the Johnson gang

 Johnson family

 Mom with the Yetts & Smith bunch


 My hunnie and I 

 My sweet Big LITTLE sister

 My sister-in-law Tammy



 Me and my bubba!!

At the end we had a great time!!! We had a few "count backwards from 10" moments, but we made it through! With more memories to cherish and maybe even a little closer than before! God has truly blessed me with one heck of a family and I thank him for everyone of them!!!! 

Here's to MANY more BIG FAT IRISH family visits!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe