Hello World!!!
9:39 PM
May 1, 2012
9 months of anticipation had come to an end.
The time had FINALLY come!! We had finally reached the finish line!
Induction was set for 9:00pm.
And the day drug on for what seemed like forever!
But once G got home from work and I managed to make myself presentable, time seemed to speed up!
I wanted it to slow down :)
(39 weeks)
Greg loaded the car, I said my goodbyes to mom and off we went!!
After checking into the hospital and getting settled into the room my anxiety of all the needles, of the epidural and the overall unknown experience of delivery had over come my entire being!!
Luckily, the nurse was quick and came in to get the party started!
Fear #1 - IV...Check...piece of cake.
Maybe because G had calmed me down or maybe because my nurse was just that good. Either way, it was over and wasn't near as bad as what I was thinking it would be.
A quick bathroom break and at 10:00pm the induction began. And I was bound to the bed till the wee hours of the morning.
So G and I got comfy.... Solitaire for me...Internet surfing for him!
I was also sent to the hospital with a gift from one of my very bests that I had been dying to open for weeks!! (I had VERY strict instructions to not open it until due day!!)
The sweetest charm bracelet made my night!!! And gave my drab wardrobe a little life :)
2:00a.m rolled around, I made my last bathroom break and the ever anticipated sleeping pill was taken!! This girl was in heaven and it was lights out!
The next day -May 2, 2012- started early!
6:00am -Medication from the night before was removed
7:00am - Pitocin began
Contractions were very mild which made for easy visiting time with mom and G
8:30am- Doc came in, broke my water and told me to wait out an hour before getting the epidural.
Contractions got SUPER intense!!! Most painful thing I've ever experienced and all in my bladder. No one could talk or touch me, but the breathing techniques I learned certainly helped them pass a little easier.
9:30am - Nurse came in, checked me, told me I was 3cm and called for the anesthesiologist.
Fear #2 - EPIDURAL!!!
just like everyone had told me prior, I was truly in so much pain that I wasn't near as terrified as I once was!
This girl was a happy one and visiting resumed as usual :)
2:00pm - Nurse came in to check me again. Said i was still 3cm perhaps 4cm, but it was still going to be a while before pushing.
But before I knew it my doctor was in the room checking me and telling me push time was a mere 30 mins away!!!!
I was confused!!! Still am. But I didn't complain. This meant we were closer to meeting our little angel baby.
2:20pm - Nurse was in the room coaching me as I began to push!
This seemed to last forever!!! I didn't feel like I was doing anything or doing it right but progress was surely being made.
Greg teases me now at how I made small talk with the nurse while she stood between my legs coaching me!! But hey, for me, it made the most awkward part of delivery a little less awkward.
Then.....before we knew it. Doc was taking over and at....
3:20pm - Our precious little lamb was born!!!
This moment was very surreal.
Watching her sweet little body being set on my chest...she was beautiful!!!
After Daddy cut her umbilical cord the nurses whisked her away, leaving Daddy in awh and Mommy overwhelmed with emotion!!
Greg was one proud Daddy!
R came into this world on May 2, 2012
weighing a whopping 7lbs 2ozs
and 18.5 inches long!!!
To hold your baby for the very first time is out of this world! Everything around you stops.
You get lost in the eyes of perfection!!
You realize that everything you thought you had accomplished doesn't come close to comparing to the bundle of joy that lay in your arms!!!
Our first family photo...a family of three :))
Greg loaded the car, I said my goodbyes to mom and off we went!!
After checking into the hospital and getting settled into the room my anxiety of all the needles, of the epidural and the overall unknown experience of delivery had over come my entire being!!
Luckily, the nurse was quick and came in to get the party started!
Fear #1 - IV...Check...piece of cake.
Maybe because G had calmed me down or maybe because my nurse was just that good. Either way, it was over and wasn't near as bad as what I was thinking it would be.
A quick bathroom break and at 10:00pm the induction began. And I was bound to the bed till the wee hours of the morning.
So G and I got comfy.... Solitaire for me...Internet surfing for him!
I was also sent to the hospital with a gift from one of my very bests that I had been dying to open for weeks!! (I had VERY strict instructions to not open it until due day!!)
The sweetest charm bracelet made my night!!! And gave my drab wardrobe a little life :)
2:00a.m rolled around, I made my last bathroom break and the ever anticipated sleeping pill was taken!! This girl was in heaven and it was lights out!
The next day -May 2, 2012- started early!
6:00am -Medication from the night before was removed
7:00am - Pitocin began
Contractions were very mild which made for easy visiting time with mom and G
8:30am- Doc came in, broke my water and told me to wait out an hour before getting the epidural.
Contractions got SUPER intense!!! Most painful thing I've ever experienced and all in my bladder. No one could talk or touch me, but the breathing techniques I learned certainly helped them pass a little easier.
9:30am - Nurse came in, checked me, told me I was 3cm and called for the anesthesiologist.
Fear #2 - EPIDURAL!!!
just like everyone had told me prior, I was truly in so much pain that I wasn't near as terrified as I once was!
This girl was a happy one and visiting resumed as usual :)
2:00pm - Nurse came in to check me again. Said i was still 3cm perhaps 4cm, but it was still going to be a while before pushing.
But before I knew it my doctor was in the room checking me and telling me push time was a mere 30 mins away!!!!
I was confused!!! Still am. But I didn't complain. This meant we were closer to meeting our little angel baby.
2:20pm - Nurse was in the room coaching me as I began to push!
This seemed to last forever!!! I didn't feel like I was doing anything or doing it right but progress was surely being made.
Greg teases me now at how I made small talk with the nurse while she stood between my legs coaching me!! But hey, for me, it made the most awkward part of delivery a little less awkward.
Then.....before we knew it. Doc was taking over and at....
3:20pm - Our precious little lamb was born!!!
This moment was very surreal.
Watching her sweet little body being set on my chest...she was beautiful!!!
After Daddy cut her umbilical cord the nurses whisked her away, leaving Daddy in awh and Mommy overwhelmed with emotion!!
Greg was one proud Daddy!
R came into this world on May 2, 2012
weighing a whopping 7lbs 2ozs
and 18.5 inches long!!!
To hold your baby for the very first time is out of this world! Everything around you stops.
You get lost in the eyes of perfection!!
You realize that everything you thought you had accomplished doesn't come close to comparing to the bundle of joy that lay in your arms!!!
Our first family photo...a family of three :))
2 comments
Congrats Becca! Can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!! So just now seeing these!!! I cannot wait for you to meet her!!! MAybe sometime soon we can get the kiddos together
ReplyDelete