Reason!!!

12:50 PM

I have been pondering over my thoughts and feelings and can't seem to come up with the right words to express my full emotion.
 
But here's to trying....
 
 
I have only been a Mommy for a little less than 9 months and in this time I have learned two things...
 
ONE...
That the Lord is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY MIRACULOUS!!!
Every day, every minute and every second of the day I am marveled by his ability to create perfection. To put so much personality and innocence in one tiny little person.
And in that one tiny person...so much unconditional LOVE and true wonder for life!

 
 
Becoming a Mommy, R's Mommy, I have learned to love more, forgive often, laugh hysterically again and truly look forward to waking up each and every morning!
And it completely amazes me just how much this sweet angel has healed such a broken and empty heart!
For me losing someone you love so dearly had such a HUGE impact on who I once was.
I lost all drive for life. I didn't appreciate the love that was surrounding me...
I tried driving my husband away (I thank God for G's strength to hang on) and didn't fully except the love that was trying to comfort me.
I didn't know how to stop mourning my Daddy's passing!
I couldn't find the positive in the negative.
 But through R, the Lord has opened my eyes, my heart!



 
I now see God needed his angel.
That Dad was ready!
That if I had been there Dad couldn't have let go.
That I wouldn't be as strong as I am today!
Or have the unbreakable bond I have with my own Mom or my unselfish husband.

 
Which brings me to
TWO.....
That not until you become a Mommy yourself do you truly appreciate your own!
Mom's are tough and steadfast!
Completely unselfish and always understanding!
Your BIGGEST fan and supporter!

 
At least mine is!
 
My Mom always says that she is stunned and usually baffled by the fact that her children truly WANT and need her around!
That her mere presence makes every situation and event that much better!

 
 
*This is something I only hope I feel when my own is grown and gone :)*
 
My answer is always...
DUH, Mom!!!
But I guess my honest response would be...

 
You are our rock, our center!
You know every answer in every situation.
Through your own corky way...you make everything better!
You make us feel stronger.
You complete us!
You bring life and laughter where ever you are!

 
 
Each and everyone of us has our own closeness to you...
(it's funny how we each feel like we are your favorite)
You make each of us feel valid and special in our own way.
You encourage and protect!
You never ask questions...ok, maybe you ask questions, but your always understanding!

 
Your the center of our family!
The link that holds us together!
Your our everything!
 
You are our reason!!!
 
I think that as R continues teaching me as much as she already has, I might, just might be as smart as my Mom one day!
I can only thank the Lord for allowing me to see his blessing and giving me so many understanding and exceptional people in my life!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Beautiful words! God is good and heals our hearts!! Your mom sounds like an amazing woman -- hope she read this! :))

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe