Fell like a Ton of BRICKS!!
3:48 PMWe grow up with our parents telling us "treat others how you wish to be treated". I have always thought I truly understood this beautiful quote, but like a ton of bricks it hit me that I haven't been fully expressing the true meaning of this. TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WISH TO BE TREATED.... what does that really mean??
-Do you really pray for the people you say your going to pray for??... Don't you only hope that when people say they are praying for you, that they really do??
-Would you really give the shirt off your back to someone really in need of it??....Don't you hope that when your in need someone would lend you theirs?
-Do you give you honest opinion when its asked for??... Don't you hope that when you ask of others they are truly honest??
-Do you try to appreciate others honesty as you hope they would appreciate yours?
-Do you value your friendships to the up MOST as you hope they value yours??
-Do you listen when others speak the way you hope they listen to you?
-Do you lend a smile to those who seem down throughout the day??...Wouldn't it be uplifting if everyone smiled at you when you felt down???
I believe its the little things that we can do. If we take the time to really treat the WORLD, family, friends, husbands, wives, children as we wish to be treated, don't you think we would be a step ahead. I believe we would come a long way if we practiced everything we preached. If we truly treated people how we longed to be treated.
Just a thought!!
Have a blessed afternoon and a safe drive home for those who had to get out in this mess!!!


1 comments
Becca I love this! The "golden rule" is mentioned several times in the Book, "Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor," 1 Corinthians 10:38 "You should love your neighbor as yourself," Mark 13:31 and "Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44
ReplyDeleteKeep the faith girl!