Always work on day 12
3:48 PMDay 12......Is a dare that I think every couple should always work on -its not a dare that can be completed in a day. " Love lets the other win" which in my mind tells me to choose my battles.
I dont think its always about being right but about the pride we feel when winning.
But what does that pride really give us if at the end of the argument the problem isnt resolved and our relationship is wounded.
Why are we trying to win a fight with our spouse anyways. Why are we treating our spouse as if they were our enemy?? I think its okay to agree to disagree at times but we should value the opinions of our mate. What if we tried treating our spouse like their words and wisdom (opinions) matter as much as we think ours do?!?
Yesterday G and I didnt sit down and think of an argument -from the past- that we could agree to let the other win but I think that we HAVE decided to accept the others opinion and give in a little more on future disagreements that might matter more to the other.
I would have to say this is defiantly still a work in progress.
Moving on to DAY 13....
Love fights fair.....
Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. if your mate in not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.


0 comments