Simply done - Day 15....

12:07 PM

(photo by Casey Jay Benson)

Day 15... Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes. 

Let me start by sharing a few thoughts from the "Love Dare" book. 

The word Honor- is a call to acknowledge the position or value of someone else. Honor is a noble word. This is shown by giving your spouse your full attention, not talking to them from behind a newspaper, or with one eye on the tv.
Another word that isn't often equated to marriage, is HOLY. 
To say your mate is "holy" doesn't mean that he or she is perfect but it sets them apart for a higher purpose- no longer common or everyday but special and unique. A person that has become holy to you has a place NO ONE can rival in your heart. He or she is sacred to you, a person to be honored, praised, and defended. 

Isn't that beautiful!!! I loved reading that part. It opened my eyes to how important my spouse is to me. Like I have said before, its not about what you can buy for each other but its simply how you treat the other and the respect you show to them. 

I thought about G all day long so I thought I would be cute and surprise him with an ecard. It was sweet and had a dancing monkey!! Oh G was tickled pink -Im sure- when he received it. Then since I knew my sweet wasn't going to be getting home at his normal time (because he cared enough to call and let me know he would be running late) , I went straight home after work and started preparing one of our favorite meals. Boy was he going to be surprised! -normally I call and have him bring something home when he works late.

 (Recipes found here and here)
Now dont let this picture fool you, this is one heck of a GREAT dinner and so so simple to make. Even if you are not a huge fan of asparagus you MUST try this!!!  

Oh man was Greg surprised when he came home!! I had it all served, tea poured and kitchen cleaned!! I was ready!

GREAT STUFF!!   


On to day 16....


Love intercedes.....
Begin praying today for your spouse's heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage. 


Happy Hump day everyone!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe