Two for one....DAY 13 & 14
4:22 PM
(Since I got so gosh-darn busy at work yesterday, I didn't have time to update you on Sundays Dare (so two are crammed into one . PLEASE forgive me!!)
Day 13.... Love fights fair. If you are like any red blooded American you have probably been in a fight with your spouse. You may have even been in that kind of fight where you storm out of the room after saying some pretty hurtful things and then wonder "How in the world am I going to crawl out of that hole?".
For Sundays dare G and I had to write out personal and house rules to abide by the next time we have a disagreement! And since the "Love Dare" book was written specifically for us -not really- we chose to stick to the examples it gave us in the book and thought we could add to them if need be.
**House Rules**
1. We will never mention divorce.
2. We will not bring up old, unrelated items from the past.
3. We will never fight in public or in front of our children.
4. We will call a "time out" if conflict escalates to a damaging level.
5. We will never touch one another in a harmful way.
6. We will never go to bed angry with one another.
7. Failure is not an option. Whatever it takes, we will work this out.
**Personal Rules**
1. I will listen first before speaking.
2. I will deal with my own issues up-front.
3. I will speak gently and keep my voice down.
G and I, thankfully, haven't had to enforce these rules since reading this chapter BUT we will gently and directly enforce these rules when and IF the time comes!!
Lesson learned here:
Mind our manners with our spouse just as we would with our parents, friends or even strangers. Our spouse is the one we rely on the most. If we continue to break them down with hurtful words or actions, we might just break them down completely!! - Scary thought, huh?!?!?-
Day 14.....
Love takes..... Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. JUST BE TOGETHER!!!
Day 14.... Love takes delight. Do something with your spouse that THEY would want to do.
Yesterday I decided to skip the gym -MAN, that was a hard decision (sarcasm)- so I could spent some extra quality time with the hubs.
We had homemade sub sandwiches and cuddled on the couch!! Oh what a wonderful evening. Now, if you know Greg, he's not one to give in to my girlie shows. Yep, he sends me to my room to watch those -in a sweet lovely kinda way. So last night G even offered to watch the O' so awesome -I'm somewhat obsessed- "BACHELOR" YAY!!!!
**note** Greg GREATLY regretted his choice 10 minutes into the episode.
But we had a great time enjoying each others company and laughing at all the girl drama!!! It was BLISS I tell you!!
Now lets catch up....
Love is honorable....
Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.
Until next time...
Day 13.... Love fights fair. If you are like any red blooded American you have probably been in a fight with your spouse. You may have even been in that kind of fight where you storm out of the room after saying some pretty hurtful things and then wonder "How in the world am I going to crawl out of that hole?".
For Sundays dare G and I had to write out personal and house rules to abide by the next time we have a disagreement! And since the "Love Dare" book was written specifically for us -not really- we chose to stick to the examples it gave us in the book and thought we could add to them if need be.
**House Rules**
1. We will never mention divorce.
2. We will not bring up old, unrelated items from the past.
3. We will never fight in public or in front of our children.
4. We will call a "time out" if conflict escalates to a damaging level.
5. We will never touch one another in a harmful way.
6. We will never go to bed angry with one another.
7. Failure is not an option. Whatever it takes, we will work this out.
**Personal Rules**
1. I will listen first before speaking.
2. I will deal with my own issues up-front.
3. I will speak gently and keep my voice down.
G and I, thankfully, haven't had to enforce these rules since reading this chapter BUT we will gently and directly enforce these rules when and IF the time comes!!
Lesson learned here:
Mind our manners with our spouse just as we would with our parents, friends or even strangers. Our spouse is the one we rely on the most. If we continue to break them down with hurtful words or actions, we might just break them down completely!! - Scary thought, huh?!?!?-
Day 14.....
Love takes..... Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. JUST BE TOGETHER!!!
Day 14.... Love takes delight. Do something with your spouse that THEY would want to do.
Yesterday I decided to skip the gym -MAN, that was a hard decision (sarcasm)- so I could spent some extra quality time with the hubs.
We had homemade sub sandwiches and cuddled on the couch!! Oh what a wonderful evening. Now, if you know Greg, he's not one to give in to my girlie shows. Yep, he sends me to my room to watch those -in a sweet lovely kinda way. So last night G even offered to watch the O' so awesome -I'm somewhat obsessed- "BACHELOR" YAY!!!!
**note** Greg GREATLY regretted his choice 10 minutes into the episode.
But we had a great time enjoying each others company and laughing at all the girl drama!!! It was BLISS I tell you!!
Now lets catch up....
Love is honorable....
Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.
Until next time...






0 comments