Keeping our heads held high...

9:12 PM

Yesterday was a very hard, sad day for the Marsh family. Yesterday our nurse practitioner got to tell us "I told you so" -figuratively speaking, not literally-. Yesterday marks the end of our pregnancy with our first little baby.

It was defiantly a HARD pill to swallow when the doctor entered the room and had to break the news to us and it felt as if my heart was actually breaking into thousands of tiny little pieces. I felt as if it were my fault, that I should have or could have done something different. At that moment I felt guilty because my husband had, in fact, lost his baby too. At that moment I wondered how I was very going to break the news to our families. At that very moment  I couldn't breatheBUT today I am at peace. Today I have decided not to let this trial in our life compromise my relationship with the Lord.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


Because the truth is, I believe within the depths of my soul that God has a plan for G and I. I know FOR A FACT that one day we will be proud parents to a bouncing baby boy (or girl).


I know that throughout this experience we couldn't have asked for better friends or family. I know that when the chips are down and we are at our lowest, we have spectacular friends and family to pick us back up and lend us a hand. And for our friends and family I am grateful.

And for me personally I know that this experience has brought the hubs and I closer than ever before. I know that he gave me strength when I felt weak and a hand to hold through all the pain. He gave me a shoulder to weep on - and even forgave me for staining his cream jacket with mascara (sorry babe)- and made me feel calm when I was the most afraid. And for my strong, loving, most adorable husband I am grateful.

GOD IS GOOD!!


For whatever reason the Lord felt it wasn't quite our time yet. BUT we haven't given up hope. We are strong!! And with the lord in our corner, we will conquer all!!! It might not have happened this time, but rest assured we will try try again -wink wink-.

Thank you to all of our friends and family (you know who you are)!! We are truly blessed to have each and everyone of you in our lives!!! We love you all.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Rebecca, you and Greg have been on my mind all weekend. We've been praying for you - and by reading your blog, I know that God has answered :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe