will we EVER LEARN?!?!

4:09 PM

I'm pretty sure all of you have heard this song and dance once before BUT not from me so here goes...


WHY on God's green earth are we females so worried with our body image. Yes, it's true I fall victim of this fault myself, but I'm over the moon tired of trying to compete with the supermodels on the front of Vogue.

I have been taught that God makes us who we are for a reason. If we were all the same it would be one BORING kinda world! And whats the big dang deal about being SUPER skinny, outrageously tall or picture PERFECT anyhow??? Why can't a woman have curves and still be beautiful??? Who set theses rules of what beauty is made of?

 (found here)

Take this woman for example. She obviously has curves and is one of the most well known sex symbols of all time!!! Now she doesn't look like a woman who starved her way to perfection!!!

 (found here)

 This is my personal favorite! Meet Stephanie Nielson, she is a burn victim that I have recently starting following through blogspot and she has completely inspired me!!! For me, myself, and I, I find her beautiful, battle wounds and all! She has taught me what TRUE beauty is... it's what we hold within us!

(found here)

Or this woman, Queen Latifah, the ever so STUNNING face of Covergirl!! It doesn't seem to me she's dying to be small or at all ashamed of her womanly physique. 

(found here)
  
And finally this is Jen from the TLC reality show "The Little Couple". She is beautiful inside and out! Who says beauty has to be 6 feet tall??

For me, beauty is what WE make of it! How many times have we heard, if YOU feel confident -confidence is beauty-  in....this, that or the other, you will exude confidence to other people!! I think if we all band together and recreate what beautiful is, then this world wouldn't be so bad after all. And our future children won't be so afraid or ashamed of who they are!!
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post, you're absolutely right! *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! We are women here us roar :)

    New follower, it's lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe