Day 29
3:35 PMDay 29....pray for your spouse before you see them. Express your love then thank God for allowing you to love this person.
Honestly, I thank God for allowing G to love me all the time! But I never hardly ever thank God for giving me the privilege to love my hubby!
To be honest it never crossed my mind to thank God for allowing me to love anyone. Because before this journey I never thought, or knew, that the way I love people comes from the Lord.
Once again, I had an AHA moment!
I have learned that my ability to love, myself or anyone else, falls short without loving through the Lord.
Consider the following areas where pleasing the Lord should become our goal:
Work: "Do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men" (Colossians 3:23)
Service: "Obey those who areyour masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord" (Colossians 3:22)
Everything: Work hard at "whatever you do....knowing the from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve" (Colossians 3:23-24)
Even marriage: "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting to the Lord" (Colossians 3:18)
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for her" (Ephesians 5:25).
DAY 30....
Love brings unity.....
Isolate one area of division in your marriage and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that he would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.


0 comments