OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!!

11:14 AM

 One afternoon while visiting my brother and his wife, we decided to grab a bite to eat. It happened to be one of my ALL TIME favorite fast food joints so at the time I was one HAPPY girl. I ordered my -add THREE pounds to my hips- fried chicken finger basket, seasoned fries and side of toast -lunch of champs, right?!?- then grabbed my drink and stood to the side while the rest of the gang decided what they wanted. So while waiting patiently and looking at all the memorabilia scattered along the walls, I heard this faint voice ask "What number do you use?" At first I ignored it because, I thought, surely she wasn't talking to me. A few seconds passed and I turned and made eye contact with our cashier and while looking straight at me she asked again "What number do you use?
She IS talking to ME and I know in that very moment I looked at her as if she had four heads, because quite frankly I was SO confused. 

"I'm sorry?" I asked. 

"What number do you use?" she repeated.

"What do you mean, what number do I use?

At this point I was very confused!!! Was she talking about my ticket number?? Or did she have me confused with someone else? 

 "I have been trying to get your color for months and I can't seem to find the right number. I was wondering what number you used." she answered.

Now by this time I was slightly cranky because I was STARVING - if you know me at all, you know don't mess with me when I haven't eaten- and now I have this girl asking about my "NUMBER"?!?!? 

I quickly wanted to swirl my head while snapping my fingers and shouting OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!
But I hid my inner Queen Latifah and calmly answered...."Oh sweet girl, this color doesn't come from a bottle. The good Lord himself blessed me with this."

She then laughed and we chatted a little about how she loved it and wished she could find the perfect blend of these "numbers." -question: are hair dyes numbered?? Am I really that dumb or have I been hiding under a rock??? The fam and I sat down, enjoyed our lunch and that was that.

I am flattered that people notice my hair and try to find the same color -probably isn't possible- and if I am well nourished before being approach and asked if this is my NATURAL color, I usually blush a little and politely answer "Why yes it is" but this sweet girl just caught me in a bad moment. Plus this just happened to be the MOST unique way of asking if its real or not, so I reckin' it just caught me off guard.

Note to self .....eat ALL the time!!!! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lol.. this is too cute sister. You do have a beautiful hair color!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe