Campho-Phenique & Baby Powder

12:33 PM


Like one has heard time and time again...

the small things are what count! 
the small things are what loved ones remember most and more often!

the other day I started getting a fever blister
 -ughhh...does anyone else hate these blasted things as much as I do??
anyways, as I was saying, I started to get a fever blister so I went to my trusted little friend...

Campho-Phenique

and I tell you all this just to tell you that as soon as I opened that little bottle, I INSTANTLY saw my dad's face! I can close my eyes and remember that little green bottle that had a permanent home next to his recliner. I can still picture him and the way his lips would shape as he applied that greasy loveliness! I can hear him telling me "watch out"  or making one of his many "Tim Allen" grunts as he pointed to the glossy ream around his lips so I wouldn't get it on my face as I leaned in for a kiss goodnight!

And because I NOW know the importance of these LITTLE things....

I've come to love the baby powder sprinkled all over my bath room when mom comes to visit. 
Or the times I've visited the porcelain thrown, only to stand up and have my "rear end" resemble a powdered donut! Only because it wouldn't be my mom if it didn't get EVERYWHERE!
 As I have gotten older I tend to get a little chuckle while using the little girls room because I have a chance to marvel in all the glory of said baby powder! 

I have learned to cherish the little, not so important things in life because I know one day those things will bring me the MOST joy! 

I've learned to appreciate these small things, because one day these small things are what is going to keep the memory of my parents alive! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awhh sister.. this is too sweet. Brought a lil' tear to my eyes. I just love you, but it's so very true. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe