A picture is worth a 1000 words...

1:54 PM

or is it???
 
As a female...I'm sure many can relate.
and if you can't...I am ALMOST certain you aren't normal!
only kidding. Well, not really :)
 
Anyways, back to the topic at hand.
 
As a female, and with social media at an all time high, we tend to see pictures and say to ourselves... "Awh, they seem so happy."
"I bet they never fight!"
"I bet she never has to ask him to be more romantic, take out the trash or be a little more patient."
 
I know the scenario has played in my head a million times, especially after a good ol' marital dispute!
 
But I think the reality is...EVERYONE fights!!
EVERYONE goes through hard times.
EVERYONE thinks that they are the only one enduring relationship problems.
 
in reality....if you are one in the few that vow to work through the hardest of hard times...
then more than likely you are one in a million!
You've succeeded more than most!
 
The select few couples that I have personally admired from afar (through pictures) have actually not held up to the assumption I held in my own little fantasy land.
Most have taken the road of Divorce.
So while I am sitting over on my side of the world admiring their perfect relationship, while mine feels like its falling apart, but still vowing to work things out, they are enduring their own battles!
 
The point of all of this?!?!
Is to say...don't trust every happy picture.
Don't look on to others and compare to your own.
And trust what you have is exactly what you need!
 
That marriage is never perfect, or easy!
No human individual is!!
And I think if you choose NOT to give up..to fight through the hard times...to forgive and let go, in the end you'll look back and relish in your accomplishment of outlasting the majority!
 
 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally agree with you on this!!! I honestly don't think NO MARRIAGE is perfect!! Everyone fights some point in time. I think if my marriage was perfect, it would be too dang boring Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe