"we've got this"

2:43 PM

 
 
As I was taking a deep breath from wrangling up a busy, fussy 10 month old and finally getting her to agree with being in her highchair for lunch time...
She smiled at me...
and as she smiled I looked into her sweet baby blue eyes...like REALLY looked into them
 
and for a moment I was so overwhelmed with such a strong, deep emotion!
For a moment I saw her future.
I saw my future
SHE IS MY FUTURE!
She is the REASON for MY future!
The overwhelming love for this tiny precious being
She had changed me, helped me!
She was imperfect.....
So was I
She is forever forgiving, understanding
patient to my mistakes
God had chosen me for her
but most importantly, God had chosen HER for me!

 
 
(I probably would kill to have been a fly on the wall at this particular lunch...because as these emotions and thoughts are coming over me
picture this...
 Mom crying hysterically
babe trying to jump out of said highchair
babe decorating her hair with food
and Mom trying to shovel food in babes mouth quick enough to beat her wailing little arms
YEAH, not pretty) 
 
SHE rocks my world....
 
the day R became mine, I became hers
^ this^ rocks my world!
 
the thought that I have her for my WHOLE life!
 
I left that crazy little lunch of ours feeling
that we aren't always perfect...we make mistakes
but just as our precious children do...forgive quickly
enjoy the not so big things...like plastic spoons banging on pots and pans!

 
sometimes forget the laundry list of things to do , or just the laundry
and play peek-a-boo
or with an empty box
 
the NOT so big things are looking better in my older, wiser age :)
 
the fact is
most of us are learning day in and day out
lead by the Lord
and sometimes I guess I need my littles to just tell me...
"it's ok Mom, we've got this"
 
 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hey Becka! Just stopping by from the Inspirational Monday linkup! What a beautiful post! Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the little things!! I try to take all the little things in each day! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Katie! Im so happy you stopped by :)
    And thank you Rachel for hosting this fantasic link-up!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe