Lately.....
11:25 AM
I feel like I have been failing as a Mommy!
Because I vowed I would always try my hardest to keep my cool. To NEVER raise my voice. And to be patient when my littles needed me the most!
Because I always wanted to set an example of kindest and low temper to R so she wouldn't learn any bad habits.
You know, to raise a child who never threw a temper tantrum or ran around like a wild woman in a public setting.
I feel like I am failing at ALL of the above.
Not all the time.
But here recently.
R has been sick.
Teething and sick!!!!
the worst kind of patient testing.
Clingy...Attention seeking...restless during nap and bed time!
the whole shebang.
I'M TIRED is an understatement!
I've lost my cool.
Spanked a hand a time or two (don't judge. it happens)
Yelled to try and be heard
taken my anger out on G.
I'm not being a Godly Mommy :(
I need help.
Not from G...He's doing all he can do, too!
But I need the Lord.
I need to let go and hear the Lord.
I need to trust that he will give me patience.
that He will take and heal her pain
I need to be more compassionate to R's pain.
her inability to express what is wrong.
I need to step back and listen.
to be still in the guidance of the Lord!
I need to try harder.
for me
and for her.
this is just a phase.
a learning experience.
this will pass and I need to remember that.
I need to remember how sweet and God sent my angel is.
that this is NOT her. but her pain.
I ran across this blog today and this helped with my AH-HA moment.
Mommies out there...read it!

0 comments