Workout??? OR NOT Workout???
4:51 PMWhile pregnant....THAT IS THE QUESTION?!?!?!?!?
You see the hubby and I have been trying for some time to become blessed with this sweet sweet baby, so the instant I received a positive I started treating myself, and my belly, like it were made of porcelain GOLD. Because, to me, it would be my luck I would eat the wrong thing, lay the wrong way or jump too hard and something bad would happen. So I researched and researched trying to find any kind of reasoning there is for me NOT to workout while with child. And let me tell you, there is NONE!!!! Which at first was a little disappointing because, truth be told, I HATE working out with a passion -like I would rather watch paint dry- but I forced myself to join a gym prior to conception -just to be a little more healthy and for the "feel good about myself" factor- and the second I found out I was pregnant I literally beamed from one ear to the other thinking "YES!!!, I dont have to workout for at least 9 months". Boy was I wrong. Every time I pick up anything enlightening me on a healthy pregnancy, the word EXERCISE stares me in the face!!
So after many ice cream and pizza nights and feeling like a lard ass, I finally gave in -I mean, I have to face the fact that I do, in fact, feel better after working out, PLUS I always hear that its easier to bounce back into your pre-baby form if you continue with some kind of activity!! With ONE exception, I will not be exercising at the gym. I will do my own mild workout regimen in the comfort of my own home -I mean who the heck whats to watch some pregnant woman rolling around the dang gym??? I think I'll spare my lovely gym-goers that awful image and myself the embarrassment.
So here it is folks, my workout regimen.
Walking- I will walk at least 3 times a week around the neighborhood.
Bicycling- The hubby and I will adventure down to the park once -maybe twice- a week to put some miles on those fancy bikes of ours PLUS this will be great way to spend quality time together!!
Aerobics - I will also be doing some mild aerobics. Not lifting over 25 pounds -doctors orders- and keeping my heart rate below 140.
On top of this light but healthy workout, I will also be watching what I eat -cheating on occasion, of course.
Everything I put in my mouth will be going straight to my baby. So if I don't want to deliver a small baby orka, I should probably NOT feed it nothing but ice cream and french fries -which both are TOTALLY my weakness.






1 comments
Good to know. I want to work out like I do now when I'm pregnant. So I really hope I can still do a lot of the same things. I do weight training, but it's not super heavy. Hopefully I can keep it up so I can be as in shape as possible with the baby and get back in shape quickly after. (-: my other plan is to eat no sugar while pregnant. we'll see.
ReplyDelete~K