To Change or not to Change?!?!

12:11 PM

                             The monstrosity we moved into!!! 

It took several days of scraping to get that horrific terrible ancient wallpaper boarder off the wall! WHO in there right mind would use wallpaper? Not that I am judging anyone who uses wallpaper. I actually think its quite pretty when used the right way - this (the above picture) was NOT!! Anyhow, to get on with my story, I also had to prime and paint the cabinet you see behind the bathroom door (just as much of a pain as the kitchen was). This cabinet is also the ONLY storage space in our bathroom/bedroom!!! Yea, talk about a headache!!! I guess its to be expected with a 20 year old home!! Then I painted the walls a white with a slight hint of teal. It was perfect....at the time!!! (see below)



I wanted something that gave us a relaxing, calm feeling when we finally made it to bed after a long days work! BUT like I said in my past blog, I am a project kind of person! I have mentioned before that I had decided to give our master bedroom a face lift. I made up my mind that -after all that work- I wanted something the exact opposite. I wanted something warm and cozy! Something that reflected the rest of our home.

                                            The living room....

                                  The office/one day baby room....

                                          The guest bedroom.....

And after several purchases, trial runs, trips to three different stores to return those trial runs, I finally found the bedding I was envisioning. It was perfect! So, we re-painted, added a few minor decor changes and VOILA, our master bedroom finally had its new look.





EXCEPT for the fact that I'm thinking it may need a darker color on the wall!!!! YES!!! I am officially CRAZY!!! You might in fact take the Mr.'s side on this one, but Im just not sure!!!! Do I or do I not need to darken the walls???? Your help is much needed right now!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe