A NEW Day 16....

4:47 PM

Day 16.... Pray for your spouse!

Doesn't everyone?? Now don't let me lie to you, I haven't always lived my life for the one who truly matters (GOD) but here in the last several months I have decided I am a child of God and that I want more than anything to live for him. Live to worship him, to learn more about him, to teach my someday (soon) children about him... I decided that I am and want to be a follower of Christ!!

In doing this I have become closer to my husband. I have learned - trying to anyways- to let God lead my life. I so much want to control every single little or BIG thing in my life. I want to live my life for God!! And as of now, I have learned that in doing and learning all these things I am a much happier, more excited, less depressed person than I once was!!!


Now lets get to this dare!!!
G and I were suppose to pray for three specific areas that we would like God to work in our spouse's life and in our marriage.

From me, for Greg....

1.  
I prayed that God would allow G to continue to grow and prosper in his work. I asked God to allow the "head honchos" to see all the good he has done. I prayed that God would allow G to feel proud of of the improvements he has made and the relationships he has built.

2.
I asked God to continue to open G's heart to him. To allow G to have a better understanding of who Christ is. (I am beginning to see the difference)

My 3rd prayer I am going to keep to myself because I'm not quite ready to share with the world... hehe... but keep reading, I might just surprise you!!!

From G, To ME....

1.
(I loved this)
G prayed for my patience!!! -yes I am stilling learning this one!!!

2.
He prayed for my health!

And you WONT -I hope you do- believe me when I say this but G and I actually prayed the same 3rd prayer!!!!  SO sorry folks, your only getting two. love you though :)

Moving on to day 17.....

Love promotes intimacy.....

(photo by Casey Jay Benson)
Determine to guard your mate's secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and pray for them. Talk with your spouse, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe. 

Have a happy Thursday!!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe