be their ENCOURAGER!! Day 27
4:28 PMDay 27.... eliminate poison of unrealistic expectations in your home!
I KNOW that in the beginning of mine and G's marriage one of my WORST attributes was having unrealistic expectations of Gregory. Like I've said before I grew up with this misconception that love was easy and perfect. And men rode around on white stallions saving the day. I just knew that the sweet love notes and hand picked roses lasted forever! And every man knew EXACTLY what women wanted and they ALWAYS delivered.
Well....Then I woke up and matured! I realized that love, nor marriage is easy and it certainly isn't perfect. It's horribly beautiful and wonderfully complicated! And I've realized that men have NO CLUE what we women want at all!!!! -truth be told, most of the time we don't either- And most defiantly have no way of READING OUR MINDS!!!
You see, when I married this wonderful man and he wasn't anything like the fairy tales, or my daddy, I was dumbfounded! In all honesty a lot of our first arguments were based around him not doing something the way I thought he should or the way I grew up watching my daddy do it! BUT I have learned that in a relationship, in order for it to grow, you have to be an encourager. A relationship will never work if there is always someone discouraging you, telling you your wrong, or never appreciating the things that you DO do.
Now, I see my stupid ways! I am imperfect as well as my spouse. I see now that G can only be the best he can be with me in his corner encouraging him!
Day 28......
Love makes sacrifices.....
What is one of the greatest needs in your spouse's life right now? Is there a need you could lift from their shoulders today by a daring act of sacrifice on your part? Whether the need is big or small, purpose to do what you can to meet the need.


0 comments