End it NOW...Day 24

1:25 PM

Day 24...... Identify the objects of lust from your life and remove them.


I have always thought lust strictly meant lusting after another man/woman when you have already given your heart to someone else. BUT in reading this chapter from the Love Dare, I have found that lust can also be when you lust after a character in a novel or the leading man in your favorite romantic movie!!!

Now, lets be honest, who hasn't watch a movie with some studly man with rippling abs and NOT said "WOW!! he's a hottie tottie!!"

To me if your HUMAN, you have been in this boat before!
I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE!!!!

But, with this being said, I have learned that this too is being lustful! Even though I know that I will never in a million years run away with Mark Wahlberg, I now see that watching his movies with my tounge hanging out is unacceptable to the Lord!

Being lustful can also mean, lusting for more money, a bigger house or better clothes. The Lord has promised us the essentials -food, clothing- (Matthew 6:25-33) so why would we doubt this promise and be lustful of more? 
"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."

When we finally come to our senses and open our hearts to the Lord and are grateful for what he has already given us we will find ourselves full on what he provides and we will stop lusting after forbidden treasures.

To me you cant complete this dare in one day! It's an ongoing dare!! DARE to be grateful for what you have, DARE to love your spouse with your whole heart and DARE to follow the LORD!!! 
I dare MYSELF to put my words into action!!!

Moving on to day 25...

Love forgives.....

 Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today. Let is go. Just as we ask Jesus to "Forgive us our debts" each day, we must ask him to help us "Forgive our debtors" each day as well. Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prison too long. Say from your heart, "I choose to forgive."


Happy Wednesday to you all!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe