What a DAY 28!!

11:51 AM


 Day 28 talks about being aware, with or WITHOUT being told, of our spouse's needs. To be so completely in-tune with your spouse that you share their worries, their happiness, and their grief. 

Sometimes we are so into what we NEED or WANT that we tend to completely forget or neglect the needs of the ones we love. 

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you came to me -Matthew 25:35-36

This chapter teaches me that LOVE sacrifices to make sure the needs of our spouse are met. It teaches me that to love someone before myself is the greatest gift of all! 


So yesterday after my hunnie work his little tush off at work he came straight home to work on our deck. I continued working on my guest bedroom project and half way through it dawned on me that G might need a nice refreshing beverage :) When I took him his drink I could tell everything was wearing on him. He was proud of what he accomplished but he just looked like he could of used some help! So I pushed up my sleeves and we got to work!!! And much to my surprise -G was equally surprised-I was a HUGE help. I even put my two cents in and it WORKED!!!!!! We made a GREAT TEAM!!!!

I felt good when we finished and G even seemed a little less stressed!! WOW, if this is how he reacts to my SMALL contribution to the deck work, I can only imagine how our lives would change if I did it more often!

Makes you think!?!?

Time for DAY 29...

Love's Motivation....
 Before you see your spouse again today, pray for them by name and for their needs. Whether it comes easy for you or not, say "I love you," then express love to them in some tangible way. Go to God in prayer again, thanking him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person-- unconditionally, the way he loves both of you!!  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this Challenge and I loved the movie "Fireproof" too! I'm actually doing a similar challenge at my blog, ashareyes.blogspot.com

    Btw I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe