It's ALL about DAY 25!!

4:52 PM

Day 25....Today choose to forgive your spouse...


Sorry to report folks, but my sweet hubby hasn't done anything that I need to forgive him for.
 Now don't get me wrong, he is by NO means perfect and we have had our fair share of disagreements BUT  nothing so big that I couldn't shrug off instantly! 

But here's my experience with forgiveness!!

When I think about the times when I have been so hurt that I thought to myself  "I'll never talk to them again" or "they have to apologize first before I'll forgive them." And I remember the pain and sadness I carried around until something was resolved! I remember being mean  to anyone who crossed my path just because of the bitterness I carried for that person/s. It honestly felt as if I were captured within my own body by this hatred I CHOSE to have for the person who hurt me. Suddenly it dawned on me that the only person I was hurting in that process was ME!! My anger didn't calm the storm between them and I. It actually did the complete opposite! It made me, myself and I miserable!

But the second I came to my senses and truly forgave them in my heart, I released so much weight and tension that I was carrying around on my shoulders. No, my bond with this person/s may or may not have been rekindled but I felt the peace with the situation just because I made the profound decision to forgive and not hold a grudge.

When we choose not to forgive, whether it is our spouse, a family member or a friend we are only causing harm and unhappiness on ourselves! 
"Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance in mine, I will repay,' says the Lord"

I have now chosen to ALWAYS forgive no matter the size of the situation because I know that God will tend to them for me!!

Now lets move on to Day 26....
 
Love is responsible.....

Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God's forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibly in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe