It's NEVER easy to say goodbye!
2:04 PMThursday of last week, it hit me!!!! Everything had piled up and slapped me in the face all at once. I felt depressed and overwhelmed! I needed to get OUT OF TOWN!!! And for me the best place to run away to for a few days to talk, to play, to have someone listen, to take my mind off of everything, is no other than MY MOMMY!!
I got to moms fairly early on Friday -usually its the wee hours of the morning- so that gave us even more time to visit!!
Since my Mother is the master of all crafts, she usually isn't short on any kind of supplies I may be needing for the adventures I decide to take on. And seeing as how my adventure of the month is little pretties -baby stuff- I didn't hesitate to raid her collection of fabrics. I had a great time searching for what matched and learning how different my taste is from my sweet Momma. As Mom would say, "That's why man made Fords and Chevys."
This sweet cousin of mine also stopped by Friday evening to say hello and we ended up staying up till 6:00 AM gossiping, catching up and laughing over all things crazy!!! It has been a long while since I got to have girl talk with Shell Bell -a.k.a Shelly- and it was wonderful! It sure makes me realize how lucky I am for such a wonderful, loving family!
Saturday morning rolled around mighty early when my sister and her fiance came by to spend the day with us. It's amazing to me to see how grown up my sister is and what an absolutely beautiful, loving, outrageous -in a great way- person she has become. I cant wait to see where her life takes her.
We had a wonderful lunch -complements of GAGE- and watched Little Fockers, which I have been dying to see!! Shortly after, Rainy and Gage fled the coop, mom and I took a short nap and then we got busy playing with her new Cricut!! OH BOY!!! -have I mentioned I L.O.V.E scrapbooking?-
This beauty is absolutely to DIE for, well maybe not that extreme but I love it!! It rocks my world to see how much stuff you can make from this one machine!! And much to my surprise....IT WAS MINE!!!!! I was stunned to find out that Mom and my dear step-dad, Daddy-O-David, had decided that I should have it!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Man, am I going to be a busy girl!!!
At the end of all the fun, Sunday came and rained on our parade. No matter how many times I get to see my mom and family, each time its equally as hard to say goodbye. And I HATE IT!! I know it's not goodbye forever but I still wish I could have them in my back pocket ALL the time or at least in the same state as me. But seeing as how this small request is probably NEVER going to happen, I guess I'll settle with our sweet, sweet visits. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, RIGHT?!?!?!





1 comments
That sounds like a wonderful visit!
ReplyDelete