R's NURSERY reveal!!

2:27 PM

R's room has been a work in progress, one that I was proud and excited to take on! 
I hope one day she loves all the hard work and personal touches that went into her room just as much as I do now :))

Greg and I decided on a very light and subtle color for her walls, then wanted to add accents and pops of color throughout.


When it came to R's bedding I came across this fabric that had all of the colors I had envisioned. And it didn't take long for R's Grandma to hand make her fabulous skirt :)) 

 
After all the reading I had done and just being a plain worry wart, I decided against all the bumper stuff and went with fun throw pillows that can be removed when our littles is sleeping.
(left-right.... found at Hobby lobby, hand made with love by Grandma, hand made with love by Grandma and hand made by me)

When it came to what went above her crib, I wanted something bold but yet simple enough that it didn't take away from her skirt. So i went browsing on Etsy and came across these really cute canvases. Only problem was, I am a cheapskate and wasn't willing to pay the $300 price take this person was asking for....so I enlisted my trusty Sister-in-law, Robyn, and we MADE them OURSELVES!!!


Call me crazy, but I think they turned out PERFECT!!!
 I absolutely LOVE THEM!!!!!!


Because Grandma and I got busy cleaning house, making pillows and trying to rest before a certain princess graces us with her presence...we didn't get our nifty tree bookcase done (maybe one day) but little girl needed something to hold her goodies and odd and ends. So I came across this little black bookcase that fit perfectly!


Her bookcase also holds some of her hand mades from her Auntie Robyn :))


For late night feedings we went with a classic rocker glider, found this green cover that complements her skirt , and added some hand made (by R's Grandma) throw pillows.


I am a sucker for a photo collage, so it just didn't seem right not to have one for R to house all of her  up coming, super cute newborn photos.


The opposite wall has her changing table/dresser! 
We lucked out and found this dresser at a flea market in Arkansas one weekend and it only took me a good 8 months to find fabric I liked for her changing pad cover....(also made by R's extremely talented Grandma)



I finally convinced G that is was absolutely necessary  to make a shelf to hold little girls wipes, lotions and powders for daily changings, instead of trying to wrangle a baby and get into the dresser all at the same time :))
So a few nails and two coats of paint later, Momma had her handy little shelf :)))


The two small shelves above her changing pad hold her monitor, a sweet pink piggy bank I found, a little Giraffe I couldn't say no to and .....


this hand made art work from R's Auntie Robyn :))


Lastly, this sweet little chair sits next to her crib.
 I think it fits perfectly and I cannot wait to see my little bitty having a ROCKING -HAHA- good time in it as she grows :))


And that my friends, is my little R's humble abode...and I couldn't be more thrilled with how it has turned out!!!

A VERY special thanks to everyone for all the LOVE that each and everyone of you have put into making her room so very special!!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe