Aha moment!

2:45 PM

OK, So this may be crazy talk...
But I had an aha moment!
So try not to let me confuse you!

While shamelessly watching Awkward on MTV the other night (I know..obviously there wasn't anything better on to watch)
Anyways...not the point.
The point is...in this episode the main character was distracted and enthralled by a fellow classmate, while she had a boyfriend that was equally good looking and very much in to her!
She slowly started being distant with her current boyfriend, daydreaming of the 'what ifs' of the crush and at the end, found herself making out with said crush!

Before the hot and heavy makeout session, the crush made the statement of "is the hunt better than the catch?"

ummmm...TOTAL AHA moment!


**confession #1: I have never been one for a long term relationship. Which is why many were surprised I finally settled down. PLUS...I was always the girl to run away when shit got hard. Or the boy got weird!

**Confession #2: Marriage is hard and sometimes in the hardest of hard times I have asked myself if this is where I am suppose to be?! Many times the Lord always leads me to believe, yes! But just like sinning humans do (don't judge) I tend to second guess His answer!
Shame, Shame...I know!

BUT!!!! This is where the epiphany comes into play!

God knows better than I.
There is NO way in hell that G and I would have met, even come close to crossing each others paths, if we weren't led to each other by God!
There were a few times in our young relationship where we almost called it quits, only to be directed on the right path again.
No human is prefect!
Pictures lie!
All people have demons and flaws.
Bringing two INDIVIDUALS into one life is always going to bring trials.
Some couples find it easy and are always in LOVE LOVE.....NOT feeling this way 100% of the time only makes you normal (in my book anyways)
Every relationship is different.
Opening up and completely letting go can only bring you closer!
The grass is never greener on the other side!
And the most important things are usually worth fighting for!

I remember the hunt and being the hunted.
And while being either is very exciting and brings butterflies and goosebumps, it usually always ends up being the catch.
**unless you plan on hunting your whole lifetime**
So when you think about it, the hunt is what brought on the catch.
So the catch can't be that bad!
And is surely worth hunting all over again.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe