Mommy Confessions - Part 1

12:15 PM

*If I could somehow speak to my pre-mommy self I would probably, well, laugh at how high strung she was and two tell her that she would be NOTHING like she is or thinks she will be. I would tell her that nothing you say you're going to do, will be done! AND that is TOTALLY okay! That overreacting over dirty floors and cluttered corners will all be something of the past. Nothing will go as planned and being on time is near impossible.

*taking a LONG -and I mean 12 plus hours of HELL- road trip is never near perfection! Entertaining a 14 month old is impossible. And earplugs are a definite must. (I may or may not have considered slipping the littles some Benadryl) Changing diapers on the road -like in the car, while in motion- is nothing short of magic. And giving the babe a little breathing time out or the car seat to jump on a full Mommy bladder, does NOT make you a bad parent. Just a parent trying to cope with the last few miles on the road :)

*the Mom who said "My child will NEVER, I mean NEVER, eat fast food.....became a big FAT liar. Her child now loves her some French fries! And still hates anything veggie! Shame Shame! BUT the silver lining is that I have still stood firm on the NO NO NO McDonalds!!! It's the small victories, people!

*giving in to temper tantrums will only come back to bite you in the butt! stay firm MOM!!! Crib time-outs are a MUST. I'm a true believer in making it known who is the BOSS in our house!!! Sometimes laughing at her "I just might DIE, Mom, if you don't let me have my way" screams while simultaneously throwing herself in the floor, is not mean....but a mere coping mechanism.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe